Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Pappy, My Hero












For those of you who know me, you will know that I was extremly close to my Pappy. Pappy recently passed and entered into heaven . I'm still trying to get to grips with it. My life moves fast, and slow all at once. He was a great Crhistian man, the best one I ever knew :) I included his obituary and a picture. No amount of words I write could EVER do the justice of what he was. He was a devout Christrian, retired pastor, great pappy and loved my grammy SO much. I miss him , but I know he has no more pain, no more worries, and he finally is at home in the heaven he long for. I only hope that as I continue in my life, I can achieve completeness in Jesus, just as he had- and join him :) I know this post is long, but that's ok. Pappy Deserved it :)






Behind my smile there's many a tear, for one we loved and lost so dear, an empty place that cant be filled, i miss you know and always will. When none of it made any sense and just as I was about to lose Faith, GOD whispered in my ear "Heaven needed a hero" RIP Pappy, I miss you






:( 11/7/25-10/24/2010. Heaven Got the best angel that day ♥










Reverend William Allam Stephens (November 7, 1925 - October 24, 2010)





Reverend William Allam Stephens, age 84, of Holly Hall Apartments, Middletown, formerly of Allentown, entered his eternal rest to live forever with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Sunday, October 24, 2010 in the M. S. Hershey Medical Center. He was the husband of Elizabeth June (Remaly) Stephens. They celebrated their 66th wedding anniversary in July. Born on November 7, 1925, he was a son of the late James E. and Florence (Allam) Stephens. William graduated from Allentown High School, Eastern Pilgrim College of Allentown and the E.C. School of Theology at Myerstown. He worked as a carpenter for many years including 12 years at Bethlehem Steel, prior to entering the ministry in 1958. He was a decorated veteran of World War II, serving with the 65th Infantry in Europe and later with the Army Security Agency during the Korean War. He received the Bronze Star for action on the Siegfried Line. He served Jesus Christ for 32 years as a full-time Pastor at Elverson, Steelstown, Manheim, Allentown and Conestoga Evangelical Congregational churches until his retirement in 1989. Survivors: Wife; Son: Glenn W. Stephens and his wife Darlene (SteffY) Stephens of Hummelstown; Daughter: Nora K. (Stephens) Pike and her husband Lester Pike of Amelia, VA; 5 grandchildren: Danielle, Christine, Gerry, Jennifer and Kimberly; 4 great grandchildren: Mikayla, Joseph, Austin and Addison; Brother: Luther G. Stephens and his wife Jeanne (Peters) Stephens of Allentown. Services: 11:00 am Thursday, October 28, 2010 at Stephens Funeral Home, Inc., 1335-37 Linden St., Allentown. Friends and relatives may call 10:00 – 11:00 am Thursday in the funeral home. There will be no graveside services. Please share on-line condolences at www.stephensfuneral.com. Contributions: In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Stoneridge Retirement Living, 440 East Lincoln Avenue, Myerstown, PA 17067.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...